packagecloud is a Computology LLC service.
packagecloud Terms of Service
By using the packagecloud.io web site ("Service"), or any services of Computology, LLC ("Computology"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS "YOU" OR "YOUR" SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.If Computology makes material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on our site before the changes are effective. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://packagecloud.io/legal/tos
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as your plan allows.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Computology cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- All paid plans must enter a valid credit card. Free accounts are not required to provide a credit card number.
- An upgrade from the free plan to any paying plan will immediately bill you.
- For monthly payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level while on a monthly billing cycle, the credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Computology does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You can terminate your account at any time by visiting your account settings page. You are solely responsible for backing up and/or migrating any data hosted on your account before initiating the cancellation request.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- Computology, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Computology service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Computology reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Computology reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the packagecloud Site (packagecloud.io) or the Service itself.
- Computology shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view your Content. By setting your repositories to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view and fork your repositories.
- Computology does not pre-screen Content, but Computology and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- You shall defend Computology against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Computology by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify Computology for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, Computology in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that Computology (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases Computology of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
All EU Customers should contact Computology directly at email@example.com for a written data processing agreement pursuant to the GDPR. The following terms apply to EU Customers: If a Data Subject or Data Protection Authority brings a claim directly against Computology for a violation of any Data Subject rights related to Customer’s use of the Services, Customer will indemnify Computology for any cost, charge, damages and expenses or loss arising from such a claim.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Support for Computology services is only available in English, via email.
- You understand that Computology uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Computology, packagecloud, or any other Computology service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Computology.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Computology customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transfered unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code or compiled software of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Computology) of other Computology customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Computology does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Computology shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Computology has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Computology to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Computology and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Computology (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under California law.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Without limiting the generality of the previous Sections, no provision of this Agreement includes the right to, and Customer will not, directly or indirectly: (i) attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (ii) take any action that imposes, or may impose at Computology’s discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Computology's infrastructure; (iii) knowingly upload invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (iv) enable any person or entity other than Authorized Users to access and use the Service or Technology (as defined in Section 12(b)); (v) modify or create any derivative work based upon the Service or Technology; (vi) engage in, permit or suffer to continue any copying or distribution of the Service or Technology; (vii) reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile all or any portion of, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code for, any software that is part of the Service or Technology; (viii) access the Service in order to build a competitive solution or to assist any third party to build a competitive solution; (ix) remove, obscure or alter any proprietary notice related to the Service or Technology; or (x) engage in, permit or suffer to continue any use or other activity that is not expressly authorized under this Agreement by any person or entity within Customer’s control (“Unauthorized Use”). In the event Customer violates any of the terms set forth in this Section, in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity, Computology will have the right, in its discretion, to immediately suspend Customer’s and Authorized Users’ use and access to the Service.